Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

how big is the load???

colson04 ยท 2017-02-23 09:14

I was cruising through ironplanet.com looking for a single axle tractor and this pops up. What a beast. I've seen some pretty neat heavy haul trucks while working for Cat and working in the oilfield, but I don't think I've ever seen an on-highway heavy haul like this one. Pretty crazy setup, it has me wondering just what they were moving that required a truck like this to be spec'd out. this.

Replies10
  1. #1lantraxco2017-02-23 12:07

    Dunno, but I would love to take it for a spin with a 10 wide lowboy on behind!

  2. #2RZucker2017-02-23 14:32

    Ultimate rig up truck? I would hope it has auto lube, other wise I see about 350 grease zerks off a creeper.

  3. #3crane operator2017-02-23 18:29

    Probably for mounting one of these, and then pulling a trailer from a fifth wheel mounted behind the crane. Use them a lot in Canadian oilfields, where they need to haul a load a long distance, and be able to unload it when getting to the site.

  4. #4colson042017-02-23 18:37

    Ahh, learn something new every day.

  5. #5CM19952017-02-23 19:09

    Twin steer, tri-drive with two lift axles -that would make one hellava dump truck!

  6. #6Bumpsteer2017-02-23 21:08

    First time you hit a weigh station, the attendants head would explode. Ed

  7. #7td25c2017-02-23 21:22

    I'd be scratching my head thinking " where we gonna turn this thing around at ? "

  8. #8CM19952017-02-23 21:31

    40 acres comes to mind.

  9. #9td25c2017-02-24 23:01

    We might get it turned around after adding a wide " construction easement " . LOL ! Cool looking truck but would be totally helpless in my area . It's to long for the roads & terrain .

  10. #10colson042017-02-25 15:43

    [QUOTE="td25c, post: 684621, member: 8842] Cool looking truck but would be totally helpless in my area . It's to long for the roads & terrain .[/QUOTE] I was thinking the same thing.