Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How Big of a Scraper for 100hp?

cgfreeland ยท 2008-01-28 20:59

What's the biggest yard scraper you guys think is suitable for a 2wd 1970 john deere 4020 with about 100hp?

Replies4
  1. #1Lashlander2008-01-28 22:09

    When I was growing up we had a 6 yard Misken we pulled with a 4020. It had the front Dolly so there was only tongue weight on the drawbar.

  2. #2Deas Plant2008-01-29 08:48

    Scraper size. Hi CGFreeland. I didn't see this thread until after I had posted over on your other thread. I'd suggest that if you can find a 4-6 cu. yd scraper, ask whoever has it if they will bring it out and demo. it behind your JD before you buy or if they can/will make some other suitable demo. arrangement. Also, if you want your tractor to be still in good working order at the end of the project, go slightly smaller rather than as big as the JD will handle. Your tractor will thank you for it and you'll have less trouble in the tougher spots. Happy hunting.

  3. #3cgfreeland2008-01-29 09:52

    Thanks for the info, ill try and check some out.

  4. #4cgfreeland2008-01-31 02:42

    Oh my god, these pan scrapers costs more then a used dozer!!!!!! I did however find a couple of drag type scrapers I am considering that are more affordable. can't find any good used ones online either.