Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How can I identify which model mustang skidsteer.

Nick91 ยท 2015-03-16 05:31

Hi everyone I'm buying a mustang skid steer off of a customer of mine. The machine has been painted several times and is in reasonably poor condition but I have resealed several Hyd cylinders on this machine and fitted a new starter motor, however I have never been able to locate a tag on the machine (it has been stolen and recovered). How can I identify for future reference? Cheers Nick

Replies11
  1. #1Nick912015-03-16 05:33
  2. #2Nick912015-03-16 07:05

    Anyone? Surely there is a mustang guru on HEF thanks in advance

  3. #3Digdeep2015-03-16 11:15

    If its older than 2012 it may be a 2056 (deutz engine?) or it may be a 2041 (Yanmar engine). Are there markings on the engine?

  4. #4Hardline2015-03-16 11:27

    Open rear door. On the lip facing upward toward the bottom of the radiator The left side of that lip the sn is stamped.

  5. #5Nick912015-03-16 16:35

    Thanks everyone it is a older machine (sorry I don't know actual year). It has the yanmar engine? I will go have a look this afternoon for that s/n#. Cheers Nick

  6. #6Nick912015-03-16 16:38

    It has a tag on the rocker cover of the engine I will get all the details off of this tag today and post though it is defiantly the yanmar.

  7. #7Digdeep2015-03-16 17:33

    It is probably a 2041 or a 2044 if its a Yanmar.

  8. #8durallymax2015-03-16 19:42

    If its between those two I would say 2044 based on appearance of towers and slotted engine cover as well as the light on the left tower.

  9. #9Nick912015-03-16 20:13

    It looks a lot like the 2044 pictured above is there anything like physical dimensions of the machine I could check to confirm, or are many mustangs similar with small variations?

  10. #10sloany2015-04-27 05:56

    It looks like a post 2000 model going by the cab shape, the 2044 and 2054 are pretty much identical, with later models also sharing the same engine from yanmar. the blokes at Tutt Bryant would be the best bet for an ID on the machine. they should be able to at least trace the engine number for you. I am assuming the id plate on the rear left hand tower has been removed, this normally has the ID for the machine.

  11. #11Fitto2020-05-29 05:11

    Hi, I've just purchased a Mustang skid steer and would love some help identifying the model. Attached is a few photos that might help.