Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How do I fix Gradall 534b-6 extend/retract cables

Jacmax08 ยท 2016-04-18 14:06

Do I have to pull the boom sections apart? If so how do I do this? Is their a stop I need to unbolt so I can slide the sections apart? How would I replace the cables without taking the sections apart. How long are the cables?

Replies2
  1. #1Knepptune2016-04-18 15:48

    Retract cable can be changed fairly easily without taking the boom apart. I think it's possible to change out the extend cables without taking he boom apart but those are pretty tough to get at. Go the jlg's website they have the service manual online.

  2. #2bgleich2016-09-01 09:33

    jacmax08.... did you get your cables replaced and if so, did you do them yourself? My need to be changed but the dealer is telling me the boom needs to be separated to do it and they are telling $3000 to do it. Thanks, Bob