Trying to figure out how to install new sliding glass in my EX60 door. The frame is rigid and I'm a bit at a loss. Does the rubber center need to come out and somehow be slid around it after?
This explains it pretty descent
You should be able to spread the frame far enough to slip the glass in. You will probably have to remove the internal stops so the glass can be installed in the middle of the frame (I think?? ).
Here is what the rubber looks like. If the rubber was removed I'd be able to drop the glass in far enough to clear the frame. There is no way to bend this fram enough. It's metal with multiple channels and doesn't budge.
I had to do this earlier this year. You leave the rubber in the frame. While it is rigid, there is enough flex in the frame to get the glass in. What I done was: Place frame on the floor, standing up. Put the glass into the correct channel on the bottom of the frame in the centre of the channel. Stand on the bottom of the frame, with feet either side of the glass and pull up the top of the frame with your hands. Get a second person to pop the top of the glass into the top channel while you have the top of the frame pulled up. Use rags to prevent scratching the frame if you dont want it to get scratched. Hope that makes sense.
Could you remove the channel from part of the frame, say the rear half, and put both pieces of glass into the front half then work the channel back into the rear of frame? It looks like the rubber edge of the channel locks into a groove in the frame.
Thanks. I felt like I was going to tweak something pulling that hard but I will do it that way. That makes sense to me now.
I have found that installing glass and risking breaking it just isn't worth trying. I would take a removable door like yours to a glass shop. I also found out that a shop near me is very reasonable on his charges when he came to my machine and installed glass.
There will be a joint in the frame somewhere. Probably held together by some countersunk screws under the rubber.