Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

IHI 28N, Tracks locked can’t tow

Litttlewend ยท 2021-09-16 17:09

I had a hydraulic hose blow to right traqck. While I was there I replaced all four hoses to the right track. All hoses were marked before removal. Both tracks are locked. Will not operate and I cannot tow the excavators. Please help. Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1heymccall2021-09-16 17:30

    4 hoses. 2 larger and two smaller. The larger are propulsion and one of the smaller is case drain. Any chance that the two smaller ones were transposed? Are the two smaller hoses the same size (fitting)? If so, reverse the two smaller hoses and retry.

  2. #2Litttlewend2021-09-16 17:36

    At the swivel connection they are the same size. I did try swapping them. Same thing. No move and tracks locked.

  3. #3heymccall2021-09-16 17:36

    It looks like you cannot transpose them at the motor But, they can be transposed at the rotary joint

  4. #4heymccall2021-09-16 17:39

    Make sure that #15 in the 2nd image goes to the same straight inlet at each motor (same port). Does the hoe part operate?

  5. #5Litttlewend2021-09-18 18:45

    Thanks heymccall, I will check that out tomorrow. Thank you for your help.