Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

how do I pull boom sections out

tree98 ยท 2016-03-02 20:04

I have a terex BT4792 and I might need to pull the boom sections out of it. I was wondering how difficult this is and how exactly it's done? Anybody here have experience with this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1DK882016-03-06 14:05

    imo that's something the dealer should do. If it's anything like the link belts there's a lot going on in there weather it's a full power boom of a pin and latch. It's not something you want to get in to and then realize your in too deep and end up paying a lot more than if the dealer had done it them selves.

  2. #2mljohn2016-03-06 17:16

    there is a definite sequence to it not real complicated to get apart but keeping the extend and retract cables in order is a handful at times