Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

how do i take the track off of a T300?

Jimcolt ยท 2012-11-18 11:05

Hello all, I have a 2003 Bobcat T300 with a bad idler. I need to take off the track but i see that there is a warning about very high pressure grease. I have a pretty good idea on mechanical things but i don't want to break it more or get hurt in the process of trying to fix the darn thing. Does anyone know how to take the tracks off of this machine? Thanks and Cheers!

Replies2
  1. #1willie592012-11-18 11:49

    Remove the cover on side of track frame, cover close to sprocket, you'll see two fittings inside. One is a grease zerk to adjust track tension, the other looks like a bleeder on a brake caliper. Loosen the bleeder and it will let grease out of track adjuster. Once initial track tension pressure is relieved, you'll have to figure a way to push idler back into track frame to gain required clearance to remove and install track. If you're just replacing an idler, you don't have to completely remove the track, just pull it sideways off the idler just enough to replace idler. Here's a thread that might help you > HeavyEquipmentForums

  2. #2Jimcolt2012-11-18 17:43

    Willie 59 Thank you for the great info. It looks like I will have some fun this week. :drinkup. But I will be working on the farm by this weekend