Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

955h vs a941b which one ??????

wingnut13 ยท 2012-11-18 22:19

I have been lurking on here for quite a while just joined to let you guys help me settle dilemma I have been having. I currently own a 955h I rebuilt the motor about 50 hrs ago pretty solid machine ,but its slow and it is a stick steer machine so it takes an octopus to run it efficiently . I have pushed out alot of fence rows and trees with it . Now comes the dilemma a buddy of mine wants to sell his 941b it has about a 100 hrs on an engine overhaul and is in pretty close to the same shape maybe a tick rougher but close. I cant decide if it is worth it to go to the pedal steer and a 10,000lb lighter machine that is faster or to stay with my 955h. thanks JD

Replies7
  1. #1denver m farms2012-11-18 22:50

    Depends on the cost and other machine history and condition.I run a pedal steer machine every day and yes they are alot better to run than a 955h. But if it was really me and i allready had the 955 and thought it was going to do what i needed and was in decent shape, i would keep it and spend the money on more cows but hey that is the way i look at everything in life.

  2. #2CM19952012-11-19 07:05

    Welcome to the Forums wingnut13!:drinkup

  3. #3JBGASH2012-11-19 07:30

    Those mama cows are pretty good property these days. What are good 3-4yr old springer cows bringing in your area? I am 50MI east of KC.MO

  4. #4denver m farms2012-11-19 23:25

    For the upper end cows 1400. I buy calves two days every week and 500 pound steers are at 1.70. What i buy alot of are 225 to 300 pound calves and they are up from 1.85 avg 3 weeks ago to now some up to 2.35. So that is helping the stock cow market.

  5. #5Caterpillar941b2012-11-20 00:04

    i run a 941b almost every day they are great machines and the pedal steer is 10x as good as leaver

  6. #6wingnut132012-11-20 18:47

    I got about as many momma cows now as I can feed Thanks for the opinions

  7. #7PhilDirt2012-11-22 21:11

    For occasional use I'd stay with the heavier machine, and the machine I already knew the mechanics of. Doesn't matter how fast and nice it is to operate if it won't push a tree over and you have to dig it out instead. I'd wait for a better choice to appear to make an upgrade.