It seems that there is no definite classification of excavators by tonnages. This mornig when i want to sort the excavators by tonnages, though I have taken standards of some famous manufacturers. I haven't get a very definite answer. Mini excavators, small excavators, medium excavators, large excavators and super large excavators, what do you view of it? And when we refer to excavators, do we mean hydraulic excavators?
To some degree it depends on the reign. Here a 30ton is a bigger hoe in Socal a 80 ton is a bigger one. Cat has the hoe classified by weight Here . I would say anything smaller then 12K is a mini, 40K is a small, 70K med, 160K large, and then super big. Yes hydraulic excavators
The proper way to classify an excavator is by metric tonnes, small, medium and large doesn't really say much. In a mine environment a 100 tonne ex might be classified as small, whereas on a construction site a 30 tonner might be classified as large.
Another class is "Rubber Tire" I used to operate Warner & Swasy "Hopto's" One of the first Hydraulic Backhoes... "Hopto" stands for "Hydraulic Operated Power Take Off " We usually had a 4 ft Bucket.... Pulled and replaced a lot of Gas Station Fuel Tanks The Rubber Tires did minimum damage on the lot... Then you wrap it up and drive it down the freeway... I think it was about 18 tons... Model 500 and 550 I'd love to have one today... Gotta Fly... Mike & "Jaz" the Flying Dogz . .
Hi, in China, we clasified Excavator by Ton 1) small excavator, under 15 ton and 15 Ton. 2) middle sizes excavator, above 15 ton to 30T. 3)Big sizes excavator, above 30 ton.
pretty agree
Speaking of old and weird excavators http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180907022411&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:AU:1123 not sure what it is and what it does.
I'll bet that was a Handy little set-up in it's day... Kind of the Father of the Mini Excavators... I used to play around with a mini track loader w/backhoe.... but just for fun... Gotta Fly...
Well, I think this kind of classification is not that necessary. Choose whatever suits your situation, that's enough.......
I always wanted me a self-propelled EXCACATOR! LOL
Well, THAT is certainly unique. One of the members has the perfect signature line for it. Sorry, I can't remember who at the moment, but it goes something like this: "Just because you are unique does not mean you are usefull"