Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How do you decide on new equipment?

Foxis ยท 2012-02-04 03:27

Hello all, I am new to this forum so I hope this post is OK with the forum. Basically I am interested in how you usually decide on what model of a certain class of equipment to invest in? How much does online information (and the quality of it) matter? We run a company developing simulation and visualization applications mainly for businesses. One area we are interested in is the machine business. It would seem machine manufacturers and representatives would be well served by online/standalone applications that could showcase their equipment. We are in discussions with some, but I would very much like your opinion on the subject. Would better virtual representation of machines (including 3D viewing of exteriors/interiors, test drives etc.) help you in your decision? So far I haven't seen any good examples of this in practice, but if you have please let me know. Thanks in advance for your thoughts! Cheers, Daniel

Replies2
  1. #1joispoi2012-02-04 10:03

    It might influence people's decision to go LOOK at the brand in question.

  2. #2Evan2012-02-06 06:17

    Just before the warranty runs out, trade it in! :my2c