I need some suggestions/help from other heavy equipment owners. How do you go about finding a good repair service company when you have a hydrostatic piston pump that needs repaired and tested??? Do you just search for someone online? Go by word of mouth? Would you go with a dealer or a smaller privately owned company? Does anyone have any suggestions for a service provider for the South East?
Most dealers around here either replace or farm out to a local hydraulic shop. Where at in TN are you?
At this particular point in time, any shop that is still open for business is probably a good one. The poor ones likely having all gone belly up. Beyond that, the equipment dealership for your brand of equipment is probably good. You can also look on line or in the yellow pages.
I am located in the Oliver Springs area - it's a little northwest of Knoxville.
Terry at Commercial Hydraulics (Knoxville) has always done good work for me, especially with pumps and motors. 865-522-2725 I know of another guy that's closer to you, but I haven't been as happy with his work...
Who is the other guy? I might have heard of him.
PM sent