Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

how do you recover a dragline?

alrman ยท 2009-09-18 02:55

Hope this works.......... http://grimnar.bur.st/Dragline/DRE20%20Recovery%20-%20SON.ppt (It's a little slow to load)

Replies7
  1. #1Lashlander2009-09-19 02:33

    That's an amazing set of pictures. Definitely slow to load. I'd forgot about it when it popped up.Took me a minute to figure out what it was. Thanks for posting this.

  2. #2JDOFMEMI2009-09-21 02:25

    That is a great sequence of photos of a well planned recovery. I was a bit nervous at the first pictures of the dozer digging out under the tub, then I seen it was an RC unit. Still looks risky for the machine though. Too bad I could not get the videos to work. I bet they were interesting. All in all it looks like a real good save on a high dollar machine.

  3. #3digger242j2009-09-21 18:12

    I moved this thread up here from the "test froum". Alrman, I assume you posted it there to see how the link to the slideshow would work. It's certainly interesting enough to be up here in a more prominent spot. Thanks for sharing it. :notworthy

  4. #4reaper0202009-09-21 22:44

    Very cool recovery thanks for posting

  5. #590plow2009-09-21 22:53

    awesome thats a job well done.

  6. #6stock2009-09-22 00:07

    Great post thanks for sharing.

  7. #7Knucklehead2009-09-23 00:47

    That is a great set of pics. I would have never thought to use a continuous miner to do the digging. It does make sense though, since they are R/C.