Im looking at buying a new toolbox, one with drawer latches, like the snap-on ones (so your drawers dont slide open when you move your box). I was wondering if anyone had a Waterloo toolbox, and if they liked it or not, seeing as its cheeper than snap-on, and has simular latches.
Waterloo Toolboxes Up till about 2 years ago they built Waterloo Toolboxes in Pocahontas. At one time employing about 750 people. Between the "cough" scratch and dents and what was plain old carried out the back door almost everyone in town had one. Having been around both Personally I would rather pay more for a 10 year old Snap On box than a new Waterloo Box. I have two Snap On roll arounds and bought both used. One at a local pawn shop and the other on Ebay full of tools. You can buy a small Snap On roll around for between $400.00 and $1100.00 dollars still in good shape. Just my 2 Cents. Now I'm just waiting for all the Die Hard Waterloo Toolbox Owners to come out of the Woodwork.
Check craigslist in your area for good used tool boxes. they range from too much, to I'm peod at the ex, 20 bucks for a 200 dollars box: ... pawn shops sometimes they have good deals
We just purchased a new box for our service truck from American Eagle Accessories. The box is custom made to fit the size you need, like to fit in the side box of a mech truck body. Each drawer has it's own latch. Got the new box in and it fit like a glove. http://www.americaneagleacc.com/pages/heavydutydrawersets.htm
I have two Snap-Ons in the basement and on my service truck I bought a Craftsman with the drawer latches (because Snap On did not have one that would fit). I have been impressed with the Craftsman because it bounces down the road all day every day in an environment that it was not designed and has yet to give me a problem. Whatever your budget allows, I love my Snap-Ons but the Craftsman has impressed me.
Boxes I have 2 Matco boxes in the shop and a road chest mounted on my utility truck and really like them. Here is the link for the road chest pics.
I would check with Both Snap-on And Mac, usually they have some Nice Used boxes. Paul
search around for used vidmar, or lista boxes. I picked up a bunch of them at auctions over the years and have abused the living hell out of them. im pretty sure one of the bigger ones has over 700 lbs in the drawer and still works great.