For me, it's bearing change out time....again. That means I will have an excess of used scrap grease that gets cleaned out of the housings and carrier units. I don't have a fifth wheel plate to use this stuff on anymore but I do repurpose it as starter charges for the wood stove. I'm sure that others may have some other good ideas as to what to do with this stuff rather than pitch it towards the landfill. Share your ideas, please. Here is what I do: save it for the woodstove starter packs in a fairly clean package. I use an old vacuum cleaner run backwards as a turbo blower to get my wood stove kicked up faster - it plugs right into the stove's air intake. One of these grease balls will get things rolling quickly and lots of oxygen will burn it off with little smoke. It's better than throwing away something usable and cheaper than good diesel. Step one: be sure to use disposable stretchy gloves - collect your waste grease on a rag - as much as you wish to fit Step 2: attempt to wrap/encase the grease ball within the rag as a package Step 3: Grip the ball and remove the glove, stretching it over the package. You should have a fairly clean outer surface to work with now. Box it up and set it aside for wood burning season to start your fires. You can get a good 15-30 minutes of burn time from each of these to get things rolling but you will want forced oxygen if you want it to burn super clean and without heavy soot.
I'm listening in here. I have a 5 gallon pail of stuff the consistency of cake batter from the tub on the 120 to repurpose.
Martha Stewart says you can make decorative candles from your used grease. Joe H
I throw it in the garbage.
It works well on fifth wheels.
I probably scrape 60 lbs of excess from the edge of fifth wheels a year, full of road grit. Gott 'a keep them scraped can't have excess on frames or suspension. DOT will write that one around here. In the garbage it goes, have a waste oil furnace.
Brush pile fire starter