I don't know how far I want to follow through this. I'm just not quite convinced that a portapower has enough backside to do it, but I'm at the point that I got to know if anybody makes them. Have any of you ever seen dies to crimp hydraulic hose with a portopower? I can't help thinking how much easier and cheaper it would be than buying a big crimper. Then I think about how ugly a burst hose can be
I don't understand your question. I've seen and used a couple that crimp hydraulic fittings on hose just fine. Parker has made them for years.
It's about creating the needed pressure to make a proper crimp..........the source of the needed pressure doesn't matter.
Just a matter of a lot more pumps. Just about any crimper could be hooked to a porta power. Porta powers put out 10,000 PSI, so I doubt any are designed for more pressure than that.
Check out the Parker KarryKrimp for something portable.
Ok, thanks everybody. I'll have to look closer at Parker. Everytime I try to go searching for them I can only find dies for a crimper or the handheld one to make ac lines
Use this search wording, "portable hose crimping machine".
When I worked for the feed mill we had a parker pneumatic portable press that ran off the truck air, could crimp lines up to 1 1/4 in the field, it is an impressive little machine.
First pic that came up for me...
https://www.zoro.com/eaton-aeroquip-hyd-crimping-machine-14-to-1-14-in-cap-et1000-001/i/G2618156/?msclkid=bcdb13821b47191c04fc70df7b36192f&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ml_all_na_na_ssc_Bing Smart Shopping&utm_term=4586131722563170&utm_content=All Products&gclid=bcdb13821b47191c04fc70df7b36192f&gclsrc=3p.ds This is what I use, hooked to that same Enerpac hand pump that is in McCall's first pic. It only does 2 wire up to 1.25", but that covers 80% of what I do, mostly ag stuff. You can run it off of an air porto-power pump if you wanted, and you can run bigger crimpers off a hand pump, just a lot more strokes.
Thanks everybody. It's going to come to getting a crimper machine or hiring it out. The good thing for me is I think I figured out where I wasn't clear with what I said and led you all down a merry path. Now I got to start looking at prices of used machines. Thanks again