Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How does the 323F’s cabin air system work?

Cartoondude135 · 2022-05-15 14:08

Yesterday, part of my lesson with the excavator at the transfer yard was air-pressure cleaning the 323F's air filters - the engine air filter and the cabin air filter. But when I removed the cabin air filter, there was sawdust trapped in the gap between the cabin air filter's frame and the slot the filter fits in. So to make quick work of that sawdust, I blew it off of the frame with the air pressure nozzle. But some sawdust flew down the hole behind where the cabin filter is installed. So I need to know this: did I ruin the machine or any part of it's cabin air system???

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2022-05-15 14:22

    This thread may help............ HeavyEquipmentForums At some future point you may well be disassembling all the cab ducting to clean the sawdust out of it.

  2. #2CM19952022-05-15 14:47

    Did you run the machine and more specifically the A/C system after you let the sawdust in? If you haven't ran or even if you did I would be taking a Shop Vac with narrow attachments and get as much out as possible. This is for our 325FL but I think all the F cabs are the same. The fresh air goes directly into the A/C -

  3. #3Cartoondude1352022-05-15 18:15

    Not yet. But thanks for the instructions and that diagram of the F cab's air system.

  4. #4JD955SC2022-05-15 20:58

    That diagram shows it. The AC pack the ducting all attaches to has evap core, heater core, and blend doors plus the blower motor fan. Even with regular filter changes the evap core tends to get clogged with dirt and debris fortunately you can recover the A/C system refrigerant and pull out the core itself to clean out. use a shop vac to vacuum the sawdust out you can pull the “funnel” the AC filter mounts to easily for slightly better access. You did not ruin it.