It's a cat 215 95z, how far do the track adjusters go out?
This is what you want to be looking at. If the measurement between the two vertical lines is less than 5/8" the adjuster is at the point where it is becoming over-extended. Basically you're measuring the distance between the front of the (moveable) idler mounting bracket and the front edge of the track frame.
Oh that sucks, looks like I only got about a half inch. I tried pumping grease in but it didn't move. Will it bottom out or would it just keeping taking grease until the piston comes out. The fitting is nice and clean. I am going to try lifting the track off the ground but it don't seem like that will help any.
It will take grease until the seals pop out and you should be able to see grease exiting somewhere
And believe me you don't want to do that ........
So if I am seeing this right the grease only goes into the shiney chrome piece in my picture which pushes on the piston inside that piece and it pushes against a rod of some sort inside the barrel inside the spring. So the chrome piece in my picture is only about 10" long, and the grease does not enter the tube inside of the spring.do I have to do anything before pumping the grease in? I need to find a service manual but I can't find one other than on eBay and they don't know if it is complete so I don't want to send nearly $200 on a partial manual.