Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How hard would it be to add hydraulic cooler to JD850J

sfowler ยท 2021-11-04 21:41

I've got a few older posts re: elevated hydraulic temps on my 850J. Without bothering you with all the old details, my temps can get over 200F because of high ambient temps and the way I use my ripper toolbar trying to maintain a constant cutting depth on a root plow. I'm constantly making adjustments to the ripper depth. I'm wondering how hard it would be to plumb in a hydraulic cooler in the system. In general terms, I'm thinking about interrupting the hose circuit coming off the hydraulic filter and routing to a heat exchanger mounted behind the cooling packing at the hard nose and then returning back to the control valve, i.e. adding a hydraulic cooler between the normal filter to valve routing. I see Deere had options for this such as a 'winch' package, but my machine is standard (without axillary hydraulic cooler). No big deal? or is this a real bad idea? Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1mg23612021-11-05 05:31

    Never added one. But maybe you could make something like this work.

  2. #2sfowler2021-11-07 23:59

    Yep, along those lines is what i'm thinking