Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar D6c no hydraulic blade lift

Steve.ahlgren85 · 2021-11-04 18:18

Hi guys, I was on here awhile back with my D6c serial number 10k10536. Different problem with the machine this time. I have been taking down a grove of trees, leveling out the ridges, suddenly hydraulic blade wouldn’t raise or lower, drove it reverse up to the shop, removed the fill cap, noticed a lot of back pressure when cap was removed with a very hot hydraulic tank, put in a couple gallons of hydraulic oil, still won’t raise or lower the blade. Any thoughts on what could cause such a sudden hydraulic loss? Thanks in advance!

Replies2
  1. #1Dave Neubert2021-11-05 17:40

    Pump failed

  2. #2Steve.ahlgren852021-11-05 18:01

    Found the problem! My bad!! The ball and socket for the blade tilt foot petal came apart and was causing the pump to overheat. I didn’t see it! The pump though has always,since I have had the machine,made a screaming noise.still doing the job though.