Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How it used to be done…tractor towed elevators on Garison Dam.

Scrub Puller ยท 2012-03-24 08:24

Yair...I thought this may have been of interest. I have'nt seen this clip before. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAWa1VL9xmU I recall seeing one of those elevators throwing up a road formation when I was a kid. Would any one have details...they look pretty darn efficient. Cheers.

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies3
  1. #1JDOFMEMI2012-03-24 11:55

    Scrub They look like an early version of a Holland Loader. I am pretty sure those in the video go by a different name though. Maybe a competitor, or a predecessor, not sure. Check them out here: http://www.hollandloader.com/ Also another Garrison Dam video here. Some "welded together" (per the video) D-9's. Looks like an early, possibly contractor made version of side by side D-9's, even before the G models.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKZtR2Sn40k&feature=related

  2. #2alan627b2012-03-27 13:55

    Not Cat D9's... Allis Chalmers HD20's .. I have a copy of that old AC movie too that shows them in great detail. Hope this helps. Alan

  3. #3JDOFMEMI2012-03-27 14:15

    I wondered about the claim of D-9, since it seemed all the other tractors on the site were AC. D-9 was what was on the Youtube clip, and we all know what a group of experts that makes for. I should have paid more attention ointhead:Banghead