Hey guys, I'm looking at a John Deere 450C that has never had the steering clutches replaced and it has 4400 total hours on the machine. Is it common for them to last 4000 or even 6000 hours?? It's had a really good life on the farm and not used comercially since the mid or late eightys. This guy has had it since 1989. Regards, Joel
This 450 had over 16000 hours on the original engine, trans and steering clutchs. I wish I still owned it, it was just about as bullet proof as they come.
Awesome! I'm feeling real good about this one. Thanks, Joel
450 Dozer Shack, For what it's worth, I worked around a fleet of those 450's as a kid in a rental yard in Arizona. We really had good luck with those machines even going through all the hard rock we have here. The only troubles I remember were maybe a couple of turbos. I actually think that may have been attributed to a customer who hauled them from a long distance and didn't cover the exhaust.:beatsme Was the previous owner using the machine to pull implements? If so I bet the clutches are in real good shape.. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.. Thanks Joe
Hi, can anyone tell me how to adjust the wet clutches on a 450C John Deere dozer?? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks