A co-worker of mine just picked up a new skid steer machine. He ordered it just how he wanted it but when they dropped it off it didn't have a one of the options he particulary wanted on it and it had over 40 hrs on the meter. My guess to this was someone dropped the ball on his order and found the next closest thing which happened to be a demo machine? :beatsme How many hours in your opinion, would you consider "new"? Granted we're talking about a skid steer here and not a $300,000 dozer or excavator...
Skid steer or dozer it doesnt matter when we send a "NEW SOLD" unit out unless the customer themself has used the unit for demo they usually only have about 5 hours on them max, and if it didnt have any of the options he wanted id tell them to come pick it up!
all my equipment when i buy it new only has around 3 hours on them at most 40 is way to mush someone got had on that purchase
he got screwed basically a new machine usually has no more than 6 hours on it
hey mettalgear got anymore pics of that truck in your avatar?
I'd want money back for the option missing, whatever that cost, plus money for it being a used machine. There is a figure that the dealers use for hourly depreciation. For instance I was offered a Gehl machine with 300 and some odd hours at 6k less than new. And If they didn't like my tune I'd tell um to bring a lowboy cause I wanted all my money back and that I was going to take my business to an honest dealer who appreciated my business....
I've owned 12-13 machines. All had about 3-4 hours because of the prep time in shop for options, checking for leaks, swapping tires, and sending to the welding shop. I did buy a machine with 40 hrs on it once and they called it "used" and knocked $3k off the price. Your friend got a return or a demo unit.
Today he said the delivery driver mixed it up with another of the same model lol He got his actual one today with only 2hrs on it....lol
Can you say "Ooops"?
He said he wanted to wait and find out for sure before he went buck wild on em :guns