I borrowed a CASE 90XT from a friend and now it does not move frontward or backward and it shows that the parking brake is on. Everything works except that it does not go. Can anyone help. He is due to pick up the machine at the end of the month. PLEASE HELP.
you got to push the parking brake button on the right side, well mine is on the right side(case 410) the light will go off and your good to go.
thanks for replying. I have done that and it still doesn't do anything. The light never comes off. Before the light would come off when the parking brake was diactivated and the machine would operate.
sounds like electrical, youre probally going to have to open it up and chase the wires. good luck
check the switch for the cab door (if it has one) and the connector for it. there is also a safety switch under the seat that would keep the breaks on if got broken. or the seat bar switch wasn't fully depressed. other then that iam out of ideas.
and something else you might want to do is call him and see if this happend before
I remember that one machine in particular had to have the seat belt latched or it would not move but I cannot remember which brand it was.It was a skid steer but I have not had too many memorable moments in a skid steer and somebody advised me ahead of time about that so I would not remember that one.LOL.Ron G
Wow, calling him is out of the question. He treat the machine as if it was his first born, he is in love with it. lol Now as to the safety switches that it has under the seat and the arm rest, on the panel it shows that they operate by a light turning on when I sit and and a light turining on when I lower the safety arm. Could it still be those switches? Heck I would be willing to replace them, if there was any chance of being those that are still giving false signals. Any thoughts on that. Thanks in advance.
All the safety switches concerned have to "make" to release the brake circuit. They are easily made by jumping the wires with a connector. The seat switch is usually the culprit.
I treat mine the same way. If it were mine I'd much rather you called me before you went digging in my electrics. Hmm... Maybe this is why I hate loaning equipment. :cool2 Good luck on finding the problem.
That is exactly why I am seeking this help. That is why I turned to this site, the explanations given by members seemed very helpful and hopefully I could do it myself. In no way will I ever do anything without first telling him, but it is always good to approach someone with a solution and keep them from worrying about a problem. If it's as simple as replacing a safety switch, I am willing to do it to save him from worrying about it. (fixing it to show my appreciation for lending it to me) And I do agree with you I HATE borrowing equipment, but he insisted, that is why I feel worse.
just like Squizzy246B said try jumping the safety switch wires one at a time to see if it is one of the switches.
its like Squizzy246B quoted "Its better to be ignorant and ask a Stupid Question than to be plain Dumb and not ask at all - Screamed by High School Maths Teacher, 1979" What would be the easiest way to do that?
You might make a call to the local CASE service manager. I think I may have had that happen on a 95XT as well, but I can't recall what the issue was exactly. I would call a tech and they can likely cut down your need to do "exploratory surgery".