Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How much cooling air does a cac need?

cfherrman ยท 2022-11-18 14:40

My cac is cracked in the seam of my rig and it being on a crane Carrier I can pretty much do whatever I want. My thought is to buy a generic one that's at least the same size and same ends and put it on the topish of the engine with electric fans blowing up to cool the air to air cac. Could also place it on the passenger side of the engine or above the trans, plenty of room. Just in a thinking phase about this. I have space problems in the front because the cab is right next to the engine and my cac pipes are too close to the cab, this is fixable in easier ways and I probably can weld the cac to fix it. My cooling fan doesn't come on very much maybe once a day and the engine or trans doesn't run very hot. Thanks for any help

Replies0

No replies yet.