I bought a junk truck for the engine awhile back and thought it had a m11 celect in it. When I sold the axles the guy looked at the cab and told me 1990. Well the m11 wasn't made then so I had to look at the engine tag, it's in the frame had to see. LTA 330 CEL I didn't know there were any celect l10s and what's the torque rating. Does anyone have any info on this? Thanks!
I have seen a few. T.S. would maybe know, I'm going to guess around 1100? Those engines don't have a great reputation, lots of electrical gremlins.
Yeah, the mechanical l10 with the PT pump is about my favorite engine, but the celect wasn't great
I've ran a couple pt l10s and boy they made so much money. The PO said it didn't run too well and he thought electrical problem so that's kind of funny. I'll get to work on it in the spring getting it running. Currently has a mt653 looking transmission, unplugged modulator and was hooked up to 307 rear ends and the biggest feed box ever. Fun truck.
A friend who worked for Cummins had no use for Celect 10's mechanicals yes. But I think most of it was the electronics of the day, same with many other engines. When it comes to 855's-the NT88's were turds especially with 839 and 840 CPL #'s.
What's a nt88
Termed-New Big Cam IV-First Block with lower press fit liners, smaller main bolts.
How does that early Celect compare to the M11 select that came out in 94? Was it kind of a test bed to find the kinks?
I worked for a Navistar dealer in the 90s. L10 was the number 1 choice in the 8100 chassis . The COE9670 also. The low deck height made for a no hump sleeper floor. LTA, L10STC and L10 celect . The biggest problem I encountered, electrically, was that darn speed sensor against the block behind the accessory drive. Mechanically, made a lot of money.
What's the difference between a LTA and a l10 celect? I have also seen l10 330E (in pics)
I almost forgot there was also ESP and ESP+ LTA was mechanical plain ol turbo 6. STC was step timing control which used oil to pre load injectors for slightly advanced timing on cold starts. Celect was all things electronic with an ECM. ESP & ESP+ were marketing tools mostly. You could have an L10 310 Celect with ESP+, strap her down and load the snot out of her and she'd go. You'd probably have 290, 280 at the wheels. Then pour the coals to her and she'd spool a little harder and boom , you'd see 300, maybe 305 at the wheels. Those L10s were stout little beasts in their time.
Yeah l10 my favorite engine. Mines a LTA 330 CEL So what does that mean?
I think, L series T turbocharged A aftercooled CEL electronic fuel control
Were those the ones that had the gigantic holset hanging off the side and took 3 blocks fully loaded uphill to get spooled up?
IIRC-yes