Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How much difference between D8R and D8T

Aussie Leroy ยท 2010-10-22 21:43

Is there much difference between a D8R and D8T apart from cost, is the D8T that much better ??????????? Cheers Leroy

Replies3
  1. #1JDOFMEMI2010-10-26 03:47

    Myself, unless I was setting up a GPS grade control machine, would rather have a D-8R series II. The power is very close to equal, as is the weight and balance. The few gains in the T are offset by the complexity and electronics. I have had the R, and currently have the T, and have done much work with both. The GPS integration with the electronics built into the T is the only advantage I see. The newer the machines get, the more complex, and when the tier 4 T model hits, look out. I have had good luck and minimal downtime with the T, but the R was the same, and I don't have high hrs on the T yet. I am worried about when the electronics start to go south.

  2. #2Kman90902010-10-26 22:59

    I have never been on the series II much but with just the R series I can tell a defiant difference in power. When pushing dirt with a standard blade even if it's up a 2:1 slope it is almost impossible to bog down.

  3. #3Aussie Leroy2010-10-31 04:37

    Thanks guys I'm just going into hourly hire so return on capital 8R is by far better and i was very happy with my D6RXL so thanks again