Everyday, we can see many excavators working outside. Except paying attention to the brands, anything else you would like to see in an excavator? In generall, if you have seen a lot of excavtors, could you just guess the brand very far away ? I remember that a very famous car program"top gear", in which the host will let the stars guess the model of a car by showing one part, such as the door. If I show one part of an excavator, could you guess the brand and the exact model ?
Top Gear never did this.They invited celebrities to drive an ordinary car around a racetrack to see who was the fastest/worst but not as you described. Why would they ? As to your idea, personally I have no interest in identifying a door or a windscreen. Why would I ?
Yes I believe I could if it was from after 1995. Let's have a go it would be fun Not to be rude Lonkinggroup, but your topic should read "How Familiar are you with Excavators?" Just trying to be helpful so don't take it the wrong way. Topgear have done an activity once where a member of the audience was asked to identify a car by a part such as a door, or wing mirror. However, they chose the fairly distinct ones so it was possible to guess what the part was from It was also done during "the news" during an episode and it was Jeremy trying to prove a point (again), I tried to search for it on the internet but sadly couldn't find it.
I apologise, as a fan of TopGear, this is something I missed but I'm glad it did not become a feature