Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How much does equipment factor in to risk assessment?

J Downey · 2020-05-27 17:49

I did a very in-depth interview about risk in mining, honestly I feel like we could have spent more time on assessing equipment risk management but still good information for how mines are looking at their projects including equipment purchases. WATCH FULL EPISODE ON YOUTUBE The interview was produced by Crownsmen

Replies9
  1. #1simonsrplant2020-06-02 23:40

    You tube link?

  2. #2mitch5042020-06-03 00:38

    Right there where it says: "WATCH FULL EPISODE ON YOUTUBE" clicking that worked for me

  3. #3Nige2020-06-03 11:38

    WALOB

  4. #4heymccall2020-06-03 14:06

    "WALOB"? What A Load Of Bs? Seriously, what is WALOB an acronym for?

  5. #5Nige2020-06-03 14:10

    I suppose in the US you could call it that. In England it means something just a bit different - https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=WALOB

  6. #6cuttin edge2020-06-03 20:18

    Bologna? Oh I see Bollocks. Aren't pants underwear in the UK? To me trousers are pants. A company I worked for had a Scotsman for a mechanic. Couldn't understand a word he said when he got angry.

  7. #7crane operator2020-06-03 20:39

    I hate the posts that are just to advertise their youtube channel- they are just trying to drum up clicks for more $ from their advertisers. A pox on them and their houses.

  8. #8Nige2020-06-03 21:10

    Most Brits can’t understand a Scotsman sober, let alone angry..... Scots goes something like “Hey da ho de ha de hey - Jimmy” (to a Scot everyone is Jimmy)

  9. #9HardRockNM2020-07-03 11:43

    Shame it's a shill post, because this is a very interesting topic. A mine a few miles down the road from our biggest client was basically run into the ground by mismanagement, and equipment selection/management was a major part of that. It's pretty easy to track down trucks and loaders that use the same engine and tires, to make a spares inventory practical and affordable. We're doing that with our acquisitions - all Deutz -912 air-cooled diesels and as much tire/rim commonality as we can swing! Likewise, using conservative availability estimates based on the age and condition of equipment being operated - good rebuilds, bad rebuilds, old junk, old reliables, and new computerized abominations. Most of all, keeping abreast of your operators to make sure it's being employed correctly and not abused. One of our LHDs has been run out of fuel by the client's operator twice in about a week. I've heard of a freshly-rebuilt Wagner ST-6 with a $60k remote control installation being turned over in a stope, flopped around like a dead fish until it was righted, and the operator carried on running it like nothing had happened. And they wondered why equipment reliability was poor...