Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

how much for a 450c

toyman ยท 2008-05-16 10:33

I have a customer that has a 1989 Case 450 C, with 4200 hours on it. Can anybody tell me what this would be worth. It has new pins in the tracks and newer sprockets (within the last 200 hours). I am looking for a ball park price, retail and wholesale. Any known problems with these machines? :beatsme Thanks in advance Toyman

Replies11
  1. #1DPete2008-05-16 12:17

    This should help http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...&ETID=1&GUID=487CCB9D46BB4F4E845F4B558F01C5F7

  2. #2toyman2008-05-16 12:33

    Thanks for the website. Toyman

  3. #3DigDug2008-05-16 17:08

    Toyman, I would say in the area of $10K - $15K .

  4. #4diversified man2008-05-16 23:28

    DigDug you are on the money toyman i would offer him 9500 and go from there

  5. #5toyman2008-05-18 21:30

    Great! I appreciate all of the responses. I will be talking with them tomorrow. I will let everyone know how it turns out. Toyman

  6. #6AtlasRob2008-05-19 14:29

    hours How do you get a machine that is 18/19yrs old with 4200hrs on clock. :beatsme Buyer Beware!

  7. #7North Texan2008-05-19 22:34

    Some little ol' lady probably just used it to drive to church and back.

  8. #8Earth Mover2008-05-20 13:20

    Toy Man, About 15 years ago I purchased a J.D. 450-C for a finish machine, all I had was problems with it. Another contractor owned a Case 450 as a finish machine, and had very good luck with his. I'm not sure if maintanance history of the two machines was a factor in the difference in performance and dependability between the machines, or if I simply bought a lemon.? It was yellow. I still own a number of Case machines, and have had nothing but good service from them. But, there have not been any Deere's in my fleet since. I agree with Div. Man, 9500.00 would be a good place to start.

  9. #9roper0382008-05-27 21:32

    should pay 12 to 15 k

  10. #10prudog2008-08-29 15:31

    How about price of 450C with 75% u/c, does not burn oil, about a 1983 model I guess... starts and runs good. Old boss of mine was going to trade it and they offered him 12K for trade. Someone else beat me to punch, but now I have the bug to buy dozer and wonder if this was great deal or average. Hours was unknown due to faulty meter.

  11. #11roper0382008-09-01 15:38

    We just traded a 450 c late 70's model with the right side frame bolts sheared off and a loose blade. We ended up getting 10k. The deere dealer was only going to give 7.5k.