Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

how much pag oil in a case 580m ac system

alwzhpy ยท 2024-02-04 11:54

I bought a backhoe and the AC compressor has a hole in it and needs to be replaced. i purchased a replacement compressor and plan to flush the system but I can't find any PAG oil quantities listed. I did find the 9.6 oz required for the compressor but I don't know if that is for the whole system, or just the compressor. Any one know??

Replies5
  1. #1mekanik2024-02-04 12:16

    Did the A/C pump come pre-filled with PAG oil?

  2. #2alwzhpy2024-02-04 14:36

    Have no idea. Compressor has no tag on it. I do see a filler plug. It is Atlantic 1706-7001. I found an amount on line of 9.6 oz

  3. #3mekanik2024-02-04 16:50

    I have never seen a new pump that did not come with oil in it. The pumps that I deal with look a lot like yours, they usually have just under 6 oz of oil in them. If there is no oil in the system add 4 oz with the oil in the pump you should be close to 9.6 oz You can take the filler plug out and use a small zip tie for a dip stick. It should have just over an inch of oil in it. You have a new receiver dryer for it as well? Do you know how much refrigerant goes in the system?

  4. #4alwzhpy2024-02-05 10:48

    I have to repl ce the expansion valve and drier doe to contamination. And I do not know how much the system requires.(all I found online is the 9.6 for the comp.) Can you advise?

  5. #5mekanik2024-02-05 11:27

    Contact the dealer with the serial number and see if they will tell you.