I would like to tighten up tracks on my 450G. I seem to notice a little more noise out of tracks exspessaliy in reverse. I have not needed to adjust the tracks in the two years I have ran it. My book covers 450-550-650 and says 2 in. for all of them. That is were I am right now when I use a straight edge. You guys think I should leave it there or go say 1.5 in. Thanks
Hi lobo, Two inches is the rule of thumb and is recommended by most manufacturers. If you have not adjusted in two years you must not be putting on many hours. I tend to run a little more loose then that as it provides longer life. Long time ago an old guy told me if the tracks sound like they are going to fly off they are just right. I also look at conditions I am in. If it is sand, which I don't get into a whole lot I loosen them up. Black dirt a bit tighter but no more then the 2.0 inches.
Thanks Greg, I do not run dozer much. I have been working mostly on flat ground. Today I will be working on a hillside, do I want them a little tighter for hillside work or just leave them alone. Thanks Randy