I just rebuilt the Continental TMD20 diesel engine in my 1987 Case 1835C skid steer loader. Since the rebuild I have put about 25 hours on it. It got new pistons, rings, bearings, valves, valve guides, valve springs, reground cam and lifters, new oil and water pumps. It seems to blow out more soot than I think it should under load. It has a Stanadyne DB2 injector pump that was rebuilt. Whenever I put some load on it I get a nice poof out the back, and if the wind is blowing towards me it gets annoying. I know it is not a tier 2 engine, but should I be getting that much soot? I operate at about 2600 feet, and I know above 3000 feet it is suggested that you cut down the fueling a bit. I've heard that it is easy to adjust on the DB2 pumps, does anybody have a method that may make more sense? I plan on turning it down until I reach some sort of happy point between soot and power. Peter
No replies yet.