Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How much trouble to swap linkages to get excavator pattern on 580SL

69zfarmer ยท 2012-09-06 19:12

Do you have to pull heavy floor mat out and take access panel on top of valve section up in floor?I sure hope not that floor mat is a bugger to get out of cab.Can i put new rods in by just removing the plastic control tower?

Replies2
  1. #1alrman2012-09-07 08:24

    I'm not 100% sure of how the centremount hoe is configured. On the s/s the plastic cover is removed (only the half at the rear) & there is a metal plate that is screwed to the floor about 2" wide. The mat stays put. I usually do the job standing at the rear of the machine, with the lower glass panel raised (if an air cab).

  2. #269zfarmer2012-09-07 09:08

    You made my day alrman by telling me i don't have to pull floor mat.That thing weighs 100lbs. or more.I am also glad not to have to remove access panel in floor behind seat.I have a larger that normal base on my Sears air suspension seat that covers the access panel and would have to unbolt seat and move foward to get to panel in floor.