Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How Not To Use Heavy Equipment……

murray83 ยท 2007-03-24 14:57

Found these on a site and thought some of you would get a laugh and shake your heads. http://www.safetyphoto.co.uk/photo1/knut_skaar_thailand/excavator.htm http://www.safetyphoto.co.uk/photo1/knut_skaar_thailand/weeled_excavator_ride.htm http://www.safetyphoto.co.uk/photo1/tracked excavator/site_forklift.htm http://www.safetyphoto.co.uk/photo1/farm roof safety photos/farm_safety.htm http://www.safetyphoto.co.uk/photo1/construction/dumper_passenger.htm http://www.safetyphoto.co.uk/photo1/road_works_traffic/wheelspin/dumper.htm They call this a man basket? http://www.safetyphoto.co.uk/photo1/iraq cherry picker/Photos_of_hazards_in_the_workplace_iraq.htm

Replies19
  1. #1Blademan2007-03-24 15:06

    YIKES :dizzy Thanks for posting those . Reminds me of that saying about how common sense really isn't so common .

  2. #2Wulf2007-03-24 18:23

    The sixth one of the Aveling Barford truck maybe looks like he was in the wrong place at the wrong time (unless his wheel fell off )

  3. #3Ford LT-90002007-03-24 22:38

    Makes you wonder how they get away with that kind of stuff The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Union would cringe when they see somebody working on high voltage lines in a excavator bucket. The guy standing on a ladder in a tractor bucket which looks like it has a bail of hay in it is a accident waiting to happen.

  4. #4jimmyjack2007-03-24 23:01

    :eek2 :badidea

  5. #5rino14942007-03-25 22:28

    Darwinism is a funny thing.

  6. #6surfer-joe2007-03-25 23:43

    Some places don't have all the advantages we civilized folk do. They have to run what they brung. Still, you have to wonder what the hell they're thinking.............

  7. #7Rocket2007-03-26 06:41

    Remember, the only reason we have all our safety rules is because someone went ahead and made a mistake before us. My heart lept seeing the first set. I wonder what the stories are behind these? Why is the engine compartment open on the first? Is this common practice in their country? Are the wires live? Why are the guys wearing masks in the second image?

  8. #8Electra_Glide2007-03-26 08:59

    I guess he figures if he starts to fall he can just grab the electrical service line that's below him and swing safely to the ground like they do in those pirate movies... ointhead

  9. #9wrenchbender2007-03-26 19:19

    :badidea But I guess ya gotta do what ya gotta do. And I'll bet there are a lot of job openings proly every week or so. lol I don't think the employers worry much about retirement benifits either.

  10. #10digger242j2007-03-27 01:04

    I'll bet the hay is there for a reason. On the bare, curved, metal inside of the bucket, the ladder would slip when the guy climbed up on it. The hay will keep that from happening, because the feet of the ladder are stuck down into it.

  11. #11atgreene2007-03-27 11:24

    Is it any wonder we have unions?

  12. #12dayexco2007-03-30 14:09

    i thought that's what OSHA was for?

  13. #13atgreene2007-03-30 19:13

    I'd trust my life to a union before I would to a goverment beaurocracy.

  14. #14murray832007-03-30 19:53

    Sometimes even the unions can be a bit iffy.

  15. #15CM19952007-03-30 20:15

    No - that's what common sense is for. :iagree with Rino, although sometimes Darwinism doesn't work fast enough.LOL

  16. #16digger242j2007-03-31 19:43

    I split the union discussion into its own thread, in TGIF: It was deserving of its own place.

  17. #17RT Engineering2007-07-31 00:06

    Hi everyone, I am new to the site, pretty cool. I saw these Pictures and it reminded me of some other future Darwin Award Winners, thought you might enjoy these. RT

  18. #18RT Engineering2007-07-31 00:08

    Ok so they all did not fit, Here are the last ones. RT

  19. #19Countryboy2007-07-31 00:45

    Welcome to HEF RT Engineering! :drinkup