Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How Safe Is This???

Steve Frazier ยท 2007-03-15 18:29

A friend sent me this link, and thought it would be good for the members to see. Turn your volume down, there is some horrific noise as background. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLheLUZ_t3s&NR Comments??

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies39
  1. #1Cat4202007-03-15 18:57

    Being on flat ground is all they did right and that was an accident, not good planning. EDIT If you want to abuse your equipment I won't stop you, but I saw multiple things that could have killed the bystanders (machine falling off, chain snapping)

  2. #2jhill2007-03-15 19:42

    More potential candidates for the Darwin awards. I saw a guy at an auction one day trying to load a Hein Werner Excavator onto a 5th wheel trailer behind a 3/4 ton pickup. The excavator was a pretty good sized one probably 20,000 lbs No blocking under the back of the trailer he lifted the back wheels of the pickup a good 3 ft off the ground. people standing all around. I made sure I was a long ways away.

  3. #3jimmyjack2007-03-15 20:20

    you notice the shiney sliver cans people were holding:drinkup ,if your there helping thats one thing but if you are going to stand there with your hands in your pockets that dont stand SO CLOSE

  4. #4atgreene2007-03-15 20:37

    It's morons like these that ensure that I will always have work in the fire and EMS field. I don't suppose anyone thought to trig the trailer wheels, block the rear, bring a real truck to haul the trailer or maybe even back the loader on? Some people shouldn't be allowed near equipment. ointhead

  5. #5tylermckee2007-03-15 21:06

    What the hell were they doing? what was the chain on the loader for?

  6. #6Ford LT-90002007-03-15 21:58

    A bunch of morons I'am surprised nothing dangerous happened or somebody got injured. The music they have for the video clip should explain the mentality of the people trying to load the machine.

  7. #7wrenchbender2007-03-15 22:48

    Beer & Idiots That was some awfull noise for a minute I thought CB was in some kinda pain. But really this just proves that teenagers and beer don't mix very well. The tractor was sick and couldn't make it up the ramps under it's own power. Trailer wasn't chocked thus the ramps started folding when the trailer rolled foward. Idiots everywhere not one responsible adult in the bunch these guys should thank God no one was hurt. But they got lucky now they'll think that they are good at this untill IT happens. And the response will be we always did it this way.

  8. #8John DiMartino2007-03-16 07:57

    That is rediculous.It is amazing no one lost a limb or worse.Not one person there had half a brain enough to do even one thing they should have before loading any equipment.

  9. #9Squizzy246B2007-03-16 09:12

    Again my theory of evolution bypassing certain individuals is proven.....living proof that Darwin didn't get it all right.....

  10. #10Electra_Glide2007-03-16 17:18

    Near as I can tell, they had the chain hooked to another truck, and were using it to pull the machine on to the trailer. :badidea :duh :OMG Joe

  11. #11atgreene2007-03-16 18:04

    I think the chain was hooked to the tongue of the trailer and he was lifting the bucket to pull tension to pull himself on. Not that I haven't done some crazy similar things, but I was alone and noone but me stood to get hurt. ointhead

  12. #12srs_mn2007-03-16 19:22

    That trailer looks like it's a little big for that bumper hitch on the pickup truck to me... I see dumbasses hauling like that on the highway all the time - it's a miracle that more people don't get killed by them. srs/mn

  13. #13580bruce2007-03-16 19:38

    Its a wounder we all have not been killed.If you say you have done everything right ,every time-- you are not being real.

  14. #14Steve Frazier2007-03-16 20:53

    Perhaps so Bruce, but if you do the number of things they did wrong every time you load/unload, you're living on borrowed time.

  15. #15dayexco2007-03-16 22:07

    looked like a pintle hitch by the vid. be hard for it to release, just hope it was not strictly bumper mount, went thru bumper and attached to frame somehow....but if that dude had taken atgreene's advice...he wouldn't have any probs

  16. #16hoeman6002007-03-17 00:01

    IF YOUR GONNA BE DUMB ! YOU GOTTA BE TOUGH~!:Banghead IF YOUR LUCKY IT ONLY HURTS TIL THE PAIN GOES AWAY!

  17. #17shepoutside2007-03-17 21:18

    Right Truck, for the Right Job

  18. #18wrenchbender2007-03-17 21:40

    Is that on a class III Reese hitch or just the bumper? I think this pic might convert Countryboy into a Dodge fan. Look it ain't even squatting but as the old Dodge commercials used to say (Looks like you in a heap'o trouble boy) is an under statment here. Anyway very cool pic.:thumbsup

  19. #19shepoutside2007-03-17 21:55

    side view !

  20. #20Grader4me2007-03-18 07:40

    You look at the first of the video the operator is motioning to whoever/whatever to start pulling and you will see the chain tightnening up. I think if the machine would have slipped in the opposite direction the chain would have been into the side of the truck. Morons.

  21. #21Countryboy2007-03-18 23:21

    If there is any converting going on, it will be converting Dodges into Chevys :cool2 . I don't think its a Reese or a bumper hitch. I think the tailgate is holding up......

  22. #22wrenchbender2007-03-19 07:55

    Yeah, I see that now that he posted a shot from the side lol

  23. #23Sled Puller2007-03-19 21:35

    Thats the trouble with Dodge Cummins guys- they get used to knowing their 600HP truck will haul anyhting they can hook it to, that they never think about how.if.when can they STOP it!!LOL!!:drinkup

  24. #24Truckie2007-03-20 19:28

    HERES YOUR SIGN. For the morons in the video.

  25. #25John DiMartino2007-03-21 10:20

    Yup,or here can you hold my sign while I load this track loader onto the trailer/

  26. #26dozerdewees2007-03-22 00:17

    tryin to load loader They should have tried backing it up the ramp,and if the trailer started to raise the block the back of the trailer.:drinkup Can someone tell me why I cannot post or ad a picture? I have a couple of pictures of another moron as you can see by the picture under my name and would like to share them.

  27. #27Countryboy2007-03-22 00:41

    Check out this thread on posting pictures.

  28. #28twostick2007-04-26 00:14

    Sure took him a long time to figure out if he pulled in the stick and lowered the boom it'll practically load itself! Definately an observe from a safe distance kind of event. Kevin

  29. #29captofd2007-05-10 21:58

    Unbelievable, they were lucky no one got hurt!

  30. #30thejdman042007-05-22 22:24

    :Banghead ointhead :beatsme

  31. #31biggixxerjim2007-06-11 22:37

    simple white trash

  32. #32biggixxerjim2007-06-11 22:39

    Are you kidding me with that????!!!!???? I dont know how that thing went down the road.... or the axle staying in one piece..... i bet you 5th wheel weight is around 50k lb on there (!)

  33. #33Lashlander2007-06-12 10:21

    If you didn't notice its a Dodge!:yup

  34. #34Countryboy2007-06-12 18:26

    That would mean the trailer is holding up the truck then. :wink2

  35. #35Lashlander2007-06-12 21:07

    :lmao

  36. #36paulsoccodato2007-08-21 20:53

    That entire video is frightening. I have actually seen something similar, where a guy was loading a machine onto a trailer while facing downhill. The Machine weight picked the rear of the truck off the ground, and everything started going down the hill, crashing into a parked car and a tree.

  37. #37Bentworker2008-10-10 00:39

    Darwin award worthy! And I thought I was pushing the limit hauling a Caterpillar D2!

  38. #38turco580superl2008-11-15 15:21

    what the hell? how much did the track loader weigh???

  39. #39busdrivernine2008-11-18 21:56

    You tube pulled the video it is no longer avaible