Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How to access travel valve on JCB 214 Series II

Ncjetskier ยท 2022-04-06 19:48

My JCB 214 Series II (serial number slp214TCSE0435728) will not go into forward and reverse. All the fuses are good and occasionally you can get the backhoe to go into gear, but when you change from forward to reverse, it will not go - you loose both forward and reverse. I can feel the relays click when you change the forward and reverse lever, so I am guessing it may be the travel valve on top of the transmission. - How do I access the valves? -How do I test them to see if they are working? Thanks for any help!!

Replies4
  1. #1Tinkerer2022-04-06 19:52

    I know nothing about JCB's. But, I have the service manual if you need it.

  2. #2Ncjetskier2022-04-06 20:05

    Thanks Tinkerer, I have the workshop manual, but it does not say how to access the area of the valves (do you remove the plate where the seat bolts to?) It also does not explain how to test the valves. Basically just shows the location on top of the transmission.

  3. #3Tinkerer2022-04-06 20:40

    Does this help ? Or, this ? Notice what is says about the potential problems the wires may develop.

  4. #4Ncjetskier2022-04-06 21:09

    Yes that helps a lot. Where would I find the dump switch at? I googled the dump switch and it is supposed to be next to the brake pedal. I don't remember having one but will look. THANKS!!!