I have a 1991 ford F800 with the 7.8l engine and its barely idling at 500 rpm. Ive never had to adjust an idle speed before so i dont exactly know how to do it. I heard you can adjust some screws in the injection pump somehow, but I was wondering if it could be adjusted another (easier) way. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be at 750. Thanks
You'll want to take a picture of that pump specifically near the throttle control lever and post it here. Then we'll have to sit back and wait for thepumpguysc to dole out a dose of wisdom.
I don’t know the answer to your question but I was wondering, do you have an electronic fuel shut off solenoid or a cable ?
Thats pretty simple but difficult. You just gotta turn that back screw in a touch. Doesn't look fun.
Electronic
What back screw? Would you be able to send a picture or drawing?
This is a image of one off a 12v cummins, but those are mounted on the drivers side of the engine. Yours is kind of a mirror image of this pump (everything is reversed and mounted on the passenger side), and this drawing shows the "low idle adjusting screw". Its behind the rod that comes from your foot throttle. Its kind of hard to see in your picture, but I think its the one I have the yellow arrow on.
Thank you, that did it. The trucks idling nicely at 750
Sorry fellas, I was sleeping on the job.. Nice explanation Crane..