Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How to Bleed Fuel for Komatsu PC220-3?

whfh99 ยท 2013-10-25 15:31

I'm trying to get a Komatsu PC220-3 running again. Ran out of fuel yesterday and I've since added more and was looking for steps to get it started again. My friend who owns the machine says just leave the key on for 5-10 minutes to bleed the injectors. The machine is off site so I wanted to ask if it's really this simple before heading out there to try it this weekend or if there are more steps needed to get it going. Don't want to run the batteries down and have another issue as it's already getting colder up here in New Hampshire. Thanks in advance for the help. Link

Replies2
  1. #1John C.2013-10-26 14:15

    It has a priming pump mounted on the fuel pump. Turn the plastic handle counterclockwise until it is loose and will move up and down. Crack a fitting on the outlet side of the fuel filter and pump till you get fuel there. After that crack all the fuel injector pipe nuts lots and pump until you get fuel out each one. Tighten the nut on each as the fuel starts coming through. When all are tight, it will start. Remember to tighten the priming pump handle down again.

  2. #2whfh992013-10-27 08:56

    Thanks John. I'll give this shot!