well my friend toby made it seem like a piece of cake, but im not even half way through and its becoming a nightmare. the previous owner of the machine has mucked around with the wiring so much, that its dam near impossible to use the old harness as a schematic. now that the cab harness is installed, im left with some plugs that I have no idea where they go, mostly male and female pin connectors. the manual doesnt have a detailed wiring diagram for individual plugs. so this is where any help comes in. the only person I have that knows and has done this exact job to his machine is working in Alberta and I have no idea when he will be back in Squamish. so hers some pictures I've taken of the inside harness (new) of the *?* plugs. let me know if they don't work. thanks. and if anyone's local and willing to give a fellow some help with this that would be so awesome. this is taking place in maple ridge bc Canada. text or call is fine too at 604 329 9272. ill start the pictures off with old vs new, and the plug photos will start at the 3rd picture. http://s27.photobucket.com/user/sha...E8-1189-000000FD595B3418_zps8bceb6e7.jpg.html http://s27.photobucket.com/user/sha...CC-1189-000000FA42912CBE_zps004f6e06.jpg.html these 4 pin connectors come out of the part of the harness that goes to the fuse box, also shown in the next picture. http://s27.photobucket.com/user/sha...4C-1189-000000FA495C72E4_zps405ee3bd.jpg.html http://s27.photobucket.com/user/sha...B8-1189-000000FA4EDE7D05_zps929e50c7.jpg.html these two are tied into the part of the harness that has one plug to the heater control. http://s27.photobucket.com/user/sha...87-1189-000000FA545C0D4E_zpsdfbd4324.jpg.html these plugs branch off from the part of the harness that goes to the right side controls, so display and the buttons ect. http://s27.photobucket.com/user/sha...A5-1189-000000FA5A0723A3_zpsd95965ca.jpg.html in this picture you are looking underneath the right side controls. this branch is with the right side control part of the harness. I took the bottom covers off of the display and buttons behind the ignition and didn't see any of these plugs. http://s27.photobucket.com/user/sha...BA-1189-000000FA5EA49431_zpsa7be7ca2.jpg.html and last but not least, these two pin connectors are with the plug to the stereo. there are two holes behind the left side joystick that I assume were ones buttons, that are no longer there, so im thinking that's what these were for. http://s27.photobucket.com/user/sha...6D-1189-000000FA62A78CFB_zpsba15697d.jpg.html any help with this gong show nightmare would be great.
maybe someone owns a 200-2 locally that I could study?....
You neeed to find an electrical schematic and find your answers there. Cut it apart if needed and blow up the size so you can identify the wire color and where it comes and goes to. I had the luck of rewiring an old 330 that kids threw a fire bomb in the cab. Melted the interior to a big pile on the cab floor. Blow up a section as big as you can on a copier and have at it.
so after hours of studying the electrical part of the manual I figured it all out and labelled the entire main harness that goes in tomorrow.
beware that you will have many unused connectors for options that we don't get/use here in NA. also beware the cardinal rule of Hitachi.......never unplug ANY 5 volt. sensor with the power on.
Excellent advice about 5 v0lt sensors. Did that lesson get learned the hard way ?