Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How to change a signal stalk, 580M

troyharnish ยท 2011-10-22 10:15

Well, I thought that it might be straight forward to change the signal stalk on a 2002 Case 580M (blinkers, horn, driving lights), but it does not appear to be. I have tilt steering, and tilting the wheel all the way towards me only reveals the screw in the top of the plastic enclosing the control column. Looks like there are some screws under the steering wheel, but after I pop off the plastic piece in the centre and take the nut off, I can not easily pull the wheel off (I assume I will need a puller?). Anyone have experience in changing one of these signal stalk/ switches? Thanks in advance.

Replies1
  1. #1alrman2011-10-23 08:54

    I'm pretty sure you leave the steering wheel on & the plastic panel around the column splits in two.