Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How to change Power shuttle/TC oil

Equipmentguy224 ยท 2018-05-05 19:40

I need to change the Power Shuttle/Torque Converter oil on my 580 SE 4X4. I did read a few threads and my owners manual but none seem to have a 4X4. I assume I will need to remove the drive shaft which goes to the front end in order to clean the suction screen? How do I remove it? i have never done that before. Also I am a bit unsure how to refill the PS/TC After draining the fluid as the manual does not state clearly. Thanks for your advice!

Replies6
  1. #1Tinkerer2018-05-05 20:02
  2. #2Equipmentguy2242018-05-07 18:36

    Ok thanks. I wonder why the pages you posted are different from my Operators Manual, or is it from the service manual? Does anyone know how to remove the front axle drive shaft?

  3. #3Tinkerer2018-05-07 21:30

    Yes, I have the service manual.

  4. #4Tinkerer2018-05-08 07:30

    The service manual procedure is tooo long to post on in this thread. You really need to purchase one. Also some special tools are required to r & r the axle correctly.

  5. #5Equipmentguy2242018-05-08 11:48

    I do have the service manual. I must have missed it when I looked. Thanks, Tinkerer

  6. #6Tinkerer2018-05-08 19:52

    That started happening to me when I got about 60 years old .