Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How to change seal of piston for track adjuster of IH 175C

loic66 · 2017-06-12 10:12

Hello, I bought an old 175C but when we tried to adjust the track tension by putting lubrificant, the track get adjusted but after moving the loader, all the grease went away through the back of the piston. I also bought the operator's manual but it is not stated how to remove the piston and change the seal. Do we have to remove the whole track and the wheel or is there a better way and quicker way to do this.? People seem to know only caterpillar around here .... Thanks in advance for your help, Loïc

Replies3
  1. #1Dickjr.2017-06-12 11:48

    If you ask the mods might move this to the track loader forum. Also if you look at the track loader forum there are a couple guys that completely rebuilt some 175s. I think even one of the threads has the process in it. I think its pretty straight forward or somewhat simple to do.

  2. #2boone2017-06-12 14:48

    Yes, check the track loader forum. The link below should take you to the correct page where the procedure is documented for the C model. HeavyEquipmentForums

  3. #3loic662017-06-13 09:31

    Thanks guys, seems I cannot move the post but I made a new one in the loader section