How does one check if an excavator is grey market?
If someone doesn’t look it up, soon. Just call your local Hitachi dealer. Their parts dept. can tell you.
Checking the Deere parts site a 15S serial number appears to be the domestic version but I agree with coaldust, just call your dealer to confirm. I have never had any problems getting parts for a grey market EX230-5, the EX200-5 grey market has a significantly different computer and hydraulic control system than the domestic version and even there I've always been able to get the parts needed.
Well I called and got on the phone and they were able to look up the serial number and find parts for it. So means it’s not grey market. $1,400 quote for boom cylinder seal kits. And the bucket cylinder seal kit.
Now that is out of line for seal kits.
9178283 is seal kit (i think) for boom cylinders. Google only shows aftermarket. Maybe someone else here can see the OEM price?
I have always liked using OEM seal kits but lately have had the cylinder shop use Hercules kits and they seem to be working fine. The problem I had in the past was the gland seals were always a little oversized on the aftermarket kits, they were fine when warm but would leak when sitting cold.
supersedes to: AT196466 Deere sez: Call you dealer, lol. Less than a hundred bucks aftermarket though.
Here’s he quote I got. hydraulic guy said $1,200 a cylinder he will take the seals and repack hone and polish. I got him to do a bucket tilt cylinder on my track loader last fall and he did hood work. Use to be head hydraulic specialist at CAT dealership for 25 years.
So basically to do the three cylinders will cost $5,000. I sent the guy an offer on the excavator. He counter offered. So I’m going to call the bank and try take some investments out to see what I can counter counter offer haha
Anyone able to tell me what style teeth these are? I need replacements and I’m unsure what style they are. Vertical pin, offset to the right side. Small pieces on the side that stick out more. they’re extremely worn out, broke two tips off on some big rocks, but from what I understand they look the exact same as these teeth. The side of the bucket has a CF in a circle. Unsure the brand either. also what’s the button on the right joystick for? I can’t see mine very well as it’s worn, i never tried pressing it. I do know the left one is a horn though.
Volvo tooth system? https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjARegQIEBAC&usg=AOvVaw1muql8RgQUJ0zA6E0pxkFM
That’s pretty much what they look like, I’d prefer not to pay Volvo prices though haha
The button is probably the power boost when your working in heavy dig mode and need a little extra...........
So i finally got the machine home from a job i was doing. Took some teeth off, two pins are rock solid in there so need a hand, literally, since my right hand doesn't like the impacts since i got surgery. But i was able to read some writing on the side of the adapters that says "kingmet" so i googled it. And lucky for me it did actually come up to something. Now to try and use the measurements i got to match it up to a tooth.
Kinda expensive for 5 bucket teeth. Lol got a quote coming from the only other company in Canada that deals with MTG.
Fancy steels get a fancy price.
You should be able to get a better deal on the cylinders if all 3 are done. Honing the barrels may not be really necessary if the seals are just leaking from old age. For comparison I spent $1750 to have 2 bucket cylinders completely rebuilt. It included straightening slightly and re chroming. Smaller cylinders but if your rods are good $1200 seems on the high side. Could be because original seals are way higher cost? Nice looking machine.
At that price I would burn those existing shanks off and go with a new shank and tooth that's much less expensive for you to buy in your area.
Depends on how long they last... if they stay on and last longer than cheaper brands, it's worth it to me to not have to change the damn things more often. YMMV
I have all these teeth from my track loader. So it’s tempting to just buy adapters.
Would probably be good having the same adapters. Lose a tooth and have a spare for either machine.
Well, decided to go the route of buying those expensive teeth, give them a try. I have to change the teeth on my track loader, and i want to use those twin tiger teeth for the fall and winter when im pushing bush, and the normal style for summer when working in the dirt. I'll let you guys know how they go, supposedly MTG are made in spain and steel from spain is good? New to me.
Just picked up the new teeth today, they’re in the back of my truck until tomorrow. I’ll want to change the teeth tomorrow but I can’t get one of the retainers out. It will literally not budge, duck taped a punch to a piece of rebar and hitting a punch with a sledge and I shattered the punch, and the retaining pin didn’t even move. It’s the same style pin system as the Volvo’s because the pins they sent are listed for a Volvo. Vertical, offset from the centre with a rubber indentation lock.
Stuck pin took half hour to get out back and forth little at a time. Once the dirt started coming out it made progress. then the tooth itself was rusted on. That shank is like brand new. The new tooth barely moves on it. let me say what a difference on the wear on the teeth lol. I should be able to dig a hell of a lot easier now. Raking the rocks on my last job would’ve been a breeze.