Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How to check my fluid levels

da'yoop ยท 2013-06-27 09:02

I don't have a service manuel for my JD 410C, I only have a parts manuel. I've got two dipsticks next to each other for (I assume) the transmission and reverser or transfer case? Anyway, my question is do I check both of these levels with the engine running or turned off? Before I start it up? Or what?

Replies5
  1. #1AllDodge2013-06-27 17:38

    Can't say for JD but I'm would guess it may be the same as my CATs. Ones the tranny and the other is the final drive. The tranny would be checked in idle, the final drive can be idle or off. I check them both at idle.

  2. #2Deon2013-06-27 22:00

    The transmission dipstick should be under the floor, maybe in front of the seat. Check warm or cold. The 2 other dipsticks should be hydraulic tank, test cold. May say HOT and Cold on dipstick. Other is the reverser, check after warmup, with engine on. All 3 oils should be either JD spec J20A or J20C. Brakes get oil from transmission. Nothing to check there.

  3. #3da'yoop2013-06-28 07:33

    I'll check this out over the weekend when I can get to the hoe. I don't recall seeing any place to check a dipstick in the cab.

  4. #4lenray2013-06-30 13:10

    I just got the same machine----Reverser is the botttom tube--in idle---don't know the position of the bucket, hoe and stabilizers. Transaxle is the top tube----bucket down-backhoe boom up and stabilizers up engine off BUT if running check at idle---SO can check the transaxle on or off.............. len down at Clare, Mi.

  5. #5da'yoop2013-06-30 22:23

    Thanks Len............I guess I'll just check them both at idle