Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How to check pressure and adjust on JD690B?

dcdarby ยท 2011-05-19 15:32

Hi Guys, I am without the manual for a John Deere 690B and would like to be able to check the hydraulic pressure and adjust if needs be. Is there anywhere on the machine that I can put a gauge because at this time I am not seeing anywhere with a plug. Can anyone give me some pointers for this machine? Thanks in advance

Replies8
  1. #1Andre Grondin2011-05-20 08:58

    Hi ! I'm very interested in that answer as well cause I own a JD690-B and I have traction weekness problem , the thing is from what I know about this machine there is NO flow metter entry point , so you have to undo the hoses and put an adapter form the hoses to the flow metter !! I'm looking for someone who can do that for me in my area ! good luck !!!

  2. #2typ42011-05-24 00:30

    WOW something I know. The co. I worked for for 10 years had a 690b. We tapped some fittings and put them inline right off the pump outlets to check pressure. IIRC the whole system runs the same pressure, I do not know where the adjusters are. I think there are 2 main reliefs on the hyd valve. I would bet the farm on the track motors needing resealed, the little plastic thingys in the motors get worn and dont hold good tension on the wear plates.

  3. #3Andre Grondin2011-05-24 07:33

    Hi ! My two traction motors are at the shop for resealing them , the guy says that he does not suspect the tration motors to be the culprit of the tration weekness . Typ4 when you write IIRC can you tell me what do you mean please ?

  4. #4Andre Grondin2011-05-30 09:10

    Hi ! Traction motors are back after reseal them !! the traction goes a lot better but I found two other problems that can weaken my traction . 1- loose grouser pad 2- 3 roller seach side not rotating at all !! (remember the Lady was parked for 3 years witout any car whatsoever ) after fixing that will be the pressure check !

  5. #5flekr2011-08-29 07:50

    any update on your problem?

  6. #6Andre Grondin2011-08-29 08:25

    Hi ! All grouser had been re-tightned and all rollers are rolling properly , the traction problem seems to be less than it was but still not a 100% , I read that it can be an inside hose collapse that can cause the traction problem , I will check that (hopefully this week) , I will also check the counterbalance valve ( I bought all the new o-ring to fix that) .

  7. #7flekr2011-08-29 08:40

    hi again andre, have you seen this thread.... HeavyEquipmentForums

  8. #8Andre Grondin2011-08-29 10:24

    Hi ! Thank you so much for that thread !!!! I searched many time and never seen it !! but the rotary manifiold was the last try but I might bring it to the first tyr then !!!! thank you again !