I would have never figured that I would need a stone box, BUT I have some work in the very near furture and will need a small box to work with my Menzi, for size comparision it is kinda like a Cat 311/ 312 and a big 308. I need to find some thing, or I am going to have to build one. So if some one has experiance with one I could use some help, thanks. p.s. I will be in the water...
Talk to pro tech. They can make anything or have anything.
I had a job last year that due to tight spaces I used my volvo ECR88 for the mainline machine, so I was looking for a small stone box too. I checked with pro tech, smallest they have is a 5 yard. They said they could build anything I want, but so can I. I was out in the back yard one day and got looking at an old been to feed a screener. I ended up cutting it off about 4' tall, welding a bottom on it, some side supports and a push bar and now have a nice +-3 yard stone box. It took about a day in the shop and I salvaged all the materials from the junk pile out back. If you want I can take some pictures of it.
Shure some pictures would be nice, I have decided I am going to have to build one. I enjoy seeing what some else has done. What I am figuring on is building one narow at the bottom 4' wide, about 4'' wider than my bucket and tapering out toward the top at least 5' wide it also needs to be 10' long not counting on the carry bar. I have not decided on the higth yet. Any one have any imput? I will be working with limestone riprap, and some broken cement.
I´d try to find a small roll-off container or a dump body to modify. You might find a good deal on something suitable.