Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How to choose a loader?

lonkinggroup ยท 2012-06-29 04:46

It is very obvious to see the homogenity of loaders? The technology of manufacturing loaders is very transparent now. Regardless of brands, loaders from all kinds of manufacturers are the same. What do you think of ? Due to the homogenity, what decides you to buy a loader?

Replies1
  1. #1Coondog2012-06-30 21:55

    That's a very wide spectrum you have opened up here! I know the answer for me is due to personal preference for all equipment possible, Caterpillar. I decide this way for various reason, but the most important is parts availability. It is apparent that caterpillars dealer program is enormous and parts can be had almost anywhere in the country within about a hundred miles. This is accomplished through bus stop programs, drop boxes, and in some areas just branches. Let's face it, all equipment regardless of manufacturer, will fail eventually and parts will be needed. I do all my own service and tech-ing though. And if I was to choose based on this, I do not believe I would choose cat. I guess one could deduce I have become my own technician because cat kinda sucks in this field. Just saying.