Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How to connect auxiliary motor fan for climate

CruGar · 2023-08-19 10:42

Good night. Could someone help me how to install an auxiliary fan motor for climate? I thought it would be the same as a 12v car, but since it is 24v, the signals from the compressor, bulb, ciroco, thermostat and etc. everything marks me running The machine is a (Volvo "EC210CL")")

Replies16
  1. #1funwithfuel2023-08-19 13:18

    Your condenser should be in front of your cooling package. Your sensors should already be integrated with the fan control via VECU. Make sure you blow the radiator, hyd cooler and charged air cooler clean, really clean. Verify you have good airflow across the coolers and that none of your foam surround is missing. I don't believe separated coolers were offered until the 240 size machine. If you do have split hydraulic coolers, you may have a weak fan pump or motor. Please attach pics. If possible

  2. #2CruGar2023-08-19 13:30

    B.Good afternoon. The corresponding maintenance has already been done on all the panels that I mentioned, but the client wants an auxiliary motorized fan to be added to help the ventilation of the panels and thus the climate system works better and does not get so hot. Since due to heating, the compressor, condenser and evaporator had to be changed. Because the whole system was contaminated with dirt why the compressor seized

  3. #3funwithfuel2023-08-19 13:41

    What I would suggest then, run an external relay that operates 24 volts. Pick up power off either RE3101 or 3102. The relay will be powered whenever the ignition is on. Then have the load side control either 12 or 24 depending on what fan you get.

  4. #4CruGar2023-08-19 14:17

    YYou already have a 24v relay and a 24v motorized fan, but I don't know how to prevent only the motorized fan from activating, since turning off the machine after 10 or 20 seconds activates the motorized fan

  5. #5funwithfuel2023-08-19 14:56

    Odds are, you do not have a diode suppressed fan or relay. That or the Caretrack is waking up to send reports and keeping the fan on, perhaps.

  6. #6CruGar2023-08-19 15:58

    Y So, from what I understand, I need a 5-pin relay and take 87a as the output of my signal.

  7. #7funwithfuel2023-08-19 17:33

    Almost 85 & 86 control, 30 from the battery and 87 to the fan, 87a is not used unless you want something powered when it's off.

  8. #8CruGar2023-08-19 18:33

    I had connected 30 and 85 to current, 86 compressor signal and 87 output for the motorized fan. But this is how I told you that it turns on 10 or 20 seconds after the machine is completely turned off

  9. #9funwithfuel2023-08-19 18:40

    What happens if you shut off the master switch at the batteries

  10. #10CruGar2023-08-19 19:13

    Si cierro el interruptor de corriente, el ventilador motorizado sigue encendido, por eso le pregunto si conecto el 85 y el 86 junto con la señal que me sale del compresor, ya que así lo entendí hace un momento.

  11. #11funwithfuel2023-08-19 19:15

    Gotta go English or the mods get uppity

  12. #12CruGar2023-08-19 20:10

    I'm sorry If I close the current breaker, the motorized fan still stays on, that's why I ask him if I connect the 85 and 86 together with the signal that I get from the compressor, since that's how I understood him a moment ago

  13. #13funwithfuel2023-08-19 21:27

    Place a blocking diode in the feed line to the fan motor. The fan is changing from a motor to a generator and perpetuating itself. The diode should stop that.

  14. #14CruGar2023-08-19 21:41

    ¿Tienes un enlace para comprar en línea? ¿Por qué ya estuve buscando y solo encuentro un diodo de 12v, no encuentro ningún diodo de 24v o no hay detalles como los fusibles, que sirven para 12 y 24v?

  15. #15funwithfuel2023-08-19 21:44

    https://www.amazon.com/Schottky-Protection-Rectifier-Electronic-Components/dp/B09YR7XN6C/ref=asc_df_B09YR7XN6C/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=632003171268&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14614476597672414407&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9112979&hvtargid=pla-1898940840384&psc=1

  16. #16CruGar2023-08-20 00:09

    ¿Ese diodo no importa de qué lado está?