Have a Isuzu motor that had lack of power and smoking! Found only running on three cylinders, So tried swapping injectors and found the same, did compression test and found lacking 150-200lbs in one! So pulled the motor thinking it's a valve or ring? And found a bent connecting rod. And sigestions of what to do? Replace the rod? And what to check that might of caused this?
I'm going to hazard a guess that water or coolant somehow found it's way into the cylinder.
Good day Get the crank tested for cracks -damage, if not coolant check the injectors you may have an over fuelling issue on that cylinder. Pressure test the cylinder head & liners. Kind regards Uffex
I think it went swimming one day when someone was working too close to the water. That seems to be common with excavators that have one bent rod.
From what I've heard when the motor was being serviced that oil was added to fast and filled the valve cover and allowing oil to enter the cylinder threw a open valve and warn gide? Any thoughts?
That is an interesting thought
NO. That is textbook hydraulic lock damage. That can happen through an open/no rain cap on an exhaust system and the rainwater entering the cylinder through an open valve.
Found the issue and was told there is this problem! When filling with oil to fast will overfill the valve cover and threw the vent to the intake valve if open will fill the cylinder then hydro lock ♂️
The Case dealer I worked at years ago had that happen to one.
Engine ISUZU Model ????
I can't believe that oil going into a valve cover and not draining to the oil pan fast enough could possibly get enough oil through a valve seal to possible do that kind of damage. It would have to be one in a million. If it's that bad of a block/head drain to the oil pan, Isuzu should rework that.
Yes
Model ?? 4BG1 , 4HK1 4JG1 or others )?
It's in a CX80 Sn DCH08U0132 Any sigestions would be a huge help! I belive changing the rod and button it back up is the plan?
The intake valve must of been open and the oil went threw the vent pipe to intake manifold!
Hi Micmut, Engine ISUZU is 4JG1 model - Serial Number 260997 - I send you Service Manual - Regards
Thank you very much